After attending my class on the Gospel and the Productive Life, I went to the lobby and saw compilations of copies on prophet’s “Speeches”. On the institute, we got the chance to choose and get at least two articles. One of which that got my attention,is the speech regarding on Personal Revelation. As of the moment,I am contemplating on all concerns on my upcoming Temple Marriage with my Fiance.
I seriously believe we all do need to know the nature of Personal revelation and how it manifests unto us. Everyday,we make choices. And yes! we all have our agency, but there are some crucial decision making we do in our lives that needs more than our human knowledge to understand and weigh.
Here are some ways how it is manifested: (Elder Dallin H.Oaks “Eight ways God Can Speak to You”)
2.Prophecy is another purpose or function of revelation.
3. A third purpose of revelation is to give comfort.
4. Closely related to the feeling of comfort is the fourth purpose or function of revelation, to uplift.
5. The fifth purpose of revelation is to inform.
6. The sixth type or purpose of revelation is to restrain us from doing something.
7. A common way to seek revelation is to propose a particular course of action and then to pray for inspiration to confirm it.
8. The eighth purpose or type of revelation consists of those instances where the Spirit impels a person to action.
Revelation always comes; it is imposed upon a person; it must be drawn to us by faith,seeking and working. -Elder Widtsoe